Friday 15 September 2017

An Oldie, but a Goodie!

I saw the moodboard at Scrapbook Boutique and couldn't resist playing along. So I pulled out a very old wood-mounted rubber stamp and this is my card ...

The cat stamp is from Artee Stamps, an Australian company that no longer exists. I stamped the image twice and masked the flower on the main image and painted a wash, using Brushos. Then I coloured the other image and fussy cut, cutting the head from the body and mounting at 2 different thickenesses. I used Zig Markers to colour the images and added white wink of Stellar to the eyes, chest and paws. The sentiment is from STAMPlorations.

What do you think - it reminds me of a bobble toy that people used to sit on the dashboard of their car in the '70s

I'm entering this in the following challenges:-



9 comments:

  1. What a fun and beautifully colored girly cat, Jenny. Love your watercolour wash background. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun, Jenny! I LOVE this cat and your watercolor wash is a perfect background for him! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute cat Jenny! Great watercoloring on this - thanks for sharing with us at the CAS Mix Up Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. I love that "Purrfect" stamp really great for the moodboard.
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Boutique.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Jenny!! Love that fun watercoloured cat ... she makes me smile! Great wash in the background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous cat - so pleased you could join us this month at Scrapbook Boutique with this fabulous card Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always fun to pull out some older items from the stash and breathe new life into them - love that fabulous quirky cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect choice and such a fun imageJenny! You are totally rocking those Zigs... I wonder if they make refills yet lol. So happy that you could share with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely take on the mood board...I haven't heard of those stamps, and you are right...it does look like a noddy dashboard cat! Dxx

    ReplyDelete