Saturday 21 May 2016

Felt That!

Just popping in with a quick post.

Yesterday when I made a Stag's Head card using felt, I had the negative piece of felt left and I had a sudden inspiration to make a tag with this piece.


I've used Die-namics,  Memory Box and American Craft dies  and Papertrey Ink felt to make this tag.
I put some stiff card inside the felt to make it a bit thicker.
Let me just say, I am not a sewer - I only ever made rough dress ups for my daughter and sew on my cards occasionally, so I was very relieved that I didn't have any hiccups whilst sewing the border of the tag. If I was a confident sewer I would have sewn a border around the stag , but never mind.

I'm entering this in the Simon Monday Challenge 'Felt That'.


Originally, I was going to use the leftover paper diecut of the stag on this tag, but then I decided to use more felt, so now I have even more pieces to use up, so expect to see more stags!


3 comments:

  1. Love this Jenny - the contrast between the masculine stags head and the feminine flowers and pearls is fabulous. Great colours too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag is GENIUS!!! I have always liked the image of the stag head, but have never seen it in lavender with flowers and a heart! I love, love, love how you gave the stag a heart and some classiness and a touch of whimsy. I also think it looks amazing against that strong gray in the background. This is unique and endlessly inventive and I've never seen anything like it. Well done and thank you so much for sharing the inspiration and for submitting your project to our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Your comment made my day :) !!!

      Delete