Friday 13 March 2015

A Gentle Whisper

I recieved this gorgeous stamp from Penny Black a few weeks ago and it's been sitting in my box of 'must use' supplies. So today I had the great pleasure of playing with it and I'm in love!


The bloom stamp is Gentle Whisper, the background is Friends from Hero Arts, embossed with Pearl powder.
The vintage tamp is an oldie from my stash. I coloured the flowers with a combination of Memento dye ink, distress inks, Twinkling H2Os and Heidi Swapp Color Shine (white) . The background was sponged with distress ink. The dragon fly die is one of my favourites from Penny Black and is coloured with Twinkling H2Os, distress ink and Wink of Stella for extra shimmer.

I added some micro beads to the centre of my flower, a pearl on the dragonfly and a jute bow for a bit of bling.
I would like to remind you about the current challenge at Mixed Media Card Challenge - the theme is Spring and the optional element is *bird*. You have until 25 March to play.


I'm entering my card in the following challenge:-
Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Anything Goes
Penny Black and More Challenge - Blooms & Bows
Simon Monday Challenge 'B is for ...' (bloom)
Simon Wednesday Challenge Things That Fly
Virginia's View All things Embossed

Fusion Card Challenge - floral Fusion 






14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Very beautifully and softly coloured and I love your embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Jenny! Great watercolouring, and I love the embossed background and bright dragonfly. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on all the challenges, Jenny! You really made a gorgeous card with your NBUS stamp and the sweet embellishments you added are just perfect!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card Jenny! LOVE this new stamp! So beautiful in these vibrant colours. Perfect paired with the dragonfly ... and all set off so beautifully with the text background. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blossoms and bows Jenny and perfect for our theme, thanks so much for joining in at Penny Black and More and sharing your lovely work with us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Jenny! super gorgeous card, i luv this....great job! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this new PB stamp and I love what you've created with it. The bloom looks fab and I love the embossed text int he background. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Jenny! So soft and sweet. Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, that is just beautiful. I am smitten with the dragonfly. Gotta go hunt down the watercolored bird card now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love the Emboss Resist! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All Things Embossed” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Jenny - glad to see you playing again :) So happy you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy I sure can't figure out how you got the white embossed text to go completely around your floral watercolor. Wonderful effect, though! Love it. So glad you joined the Fusion Challenge, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so gorgeous! I love the text in the background and the red dragonfly! A gentle whisper indeed! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning, such a beautiful card.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Blossoms & Bows' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete