Sunday 19 October 2014

Watercolour Clean and Simple

Today has been a tidy up day. Or should I say, moving my supplies from one place to another and still no cleaner!
After I had done that I felt the need to make a card. I saw that the challenge at Virginia's View was about to finish and the other challenge that inspired me was the Craft Stamper challenge - to stamp with multiple colours.

I applied the ink with distress markers to the stamps and spritzed liberally and stamped on plain card. I tried this on watercolour paper, but preferred the look on the plain card.  In order to keep the card CAS, I decided to stitch a border rather than matting on coloured card.  I guess if I'd used white thread it would be even more Cas,  but I like the colour.



8 comments:

  1. What a a DREAMY and PRETTY card! I love your composition and the water-coloring is awesome! The stitched border is such a great design element! Well done! So glad that you made the LAST MINUTE deadline (that WAS close!! phew!)! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the water colour effects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Jenny! (I think it works better on plain card too.) I like the contrasting thread. Thanks for playing along with Craft Stamper Take It, Make It :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, dreamy card! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, and very elegant as well. Thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card ..... thank you for joining in with the TIMI challenge. Good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really pretty card, love the watercolour effect. Thank you for joinig us in the Craft Stamper Take it, make it challenge this month. Nikki. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the watercolour effect ... beautiful!! Thank you so much for joining us for Craft Stampers Take it Make it Challenge and good luck! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete