Tuesday 7 October 2014

Countdown to christmas!

Hi again! On our WCMD weekend away, we had a Christmas theme, which is probably good, because we're going away mid-December, so I need to be organised!

This  card is for the Merry Monday challenge, where we've been challenged to use neon colours on our holiday cards. I was lucky enough to be able to play with the WPlus9 new release, because Chupa is on the DT.

I inked the background stamp from WPlus9's Snowflake Backdrop with Pickled Raspberry and Peacock Feathers distress Inks , spritzed the stamp and stamped on water colour paper. The die-cut sentiment is made with a Wplus9 die.
After getting to play with the WPlus9 goodies, we all plan to buy them!


Next up is another card for the Festive friday challenge. I had 1/2 made this a couple of weeks ago and was prompted by the sled in the inspiration photo, to finish my card.

I'm not too happy with the layout of this card - I think I will make the dog and sleigh smaller next time. They were cut with my Silhoutte. 

I believe a sled could be considered as transport, so I'm entering this card in the Simon Wednesday challenge - Transport it.


I still have a few more Christmas cards to share, including one which was made for last weeks MM (I missed the deadline), so I'll have another post up soon!



5 comments:

  1. Love the neon & the scotty dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the "transport" theme - very cute card - love the scottie dog!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love BOTH of these!!! I love that 'merry' die cut! And your design for Festive Friday is just too cute…and so festive and bright!!! Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that distressed snowflake background, and the Scottie dog on the sled is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright colours of the first and the whimsy of the pup on the sled! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete