Friday 2 May 2014

Home Grown Card / To sequin or not to sequin!


I made this card today with a couple of challenges in mind.

The first one is Virginia's View #3 which is all about stitching.  I love machine stitching on my cards - it's the only sewing I enjoy!

The second challenge is Moxie Fab World 'Hip on Handwriting Challenge'.



I have quite a few of the handwritten/script sentiment stamps that are all the rage at the moment, but I felt that was too easy for the MFW challenge, so I used the negative of Memory Box dies and distress Markers to write my sentiment.
The flowers are from WPlus9  Fresh Cut Florals and SSS Flower Friend.


I will also enter this in the SSS Wednesday challenge, which is Anything Goes.





11 comments:

  1. ADORE this, Jenny! Your stitching details really compliment so beautifully with your stamping! Your handwriting is awesome (thought it was from a STAMP!). Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning card. I just love the sentiment in all its watercolor-ish goodness! They go perfectly with the sewn edge and the flowers. So pretty! I'm glad to have found you through the Moxie Fab World challenge!

    I'm offering blog candy this month and would be honored if you joined our comment party:
    http://viralscrap.blogspot.com/2014/04/an-unexpected-windfall.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow beautiful card!! Great idea on using the negative for the hand writing, and I love the texture of the paper which pair up so nicely with the stitches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your color choices really shine on this card, and the hand writing looks amazing (it really looks like it's hand written!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sunny flowers and the textured card, Jenny! I like how you've used the die negative to write the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Jenny! I really love how your stitching frames the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stitching adds the perfect touch to this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Jenny, so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Jenny. I don't know how I missed this gorgeous. Love how you did the hand writing, just beautiful! Congratulations on the shout out at MFW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love everything about this card - from the florals to the greeting to the stitching on the edges!! It all came together to male something truly beautiful!! Congrats on the shout out from MFW!!
    Taunya Butler at daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab combo of stitching & handwriting Jenny! Congrats on the Moxie Fab World shout out too :)

    ReplyDelete