Wednesday 27 November 2013

Designed to Colour - Christmas/Winter theme

I found a new challenge which looks like fun, because the challenge is to colour at least one image in keeping with the theme. This is good for me, because it really is a bit of a challenge for me - not my best attribute and I'm sure I can improve with practice!

Now I'm not super happy with the result of this card. It's a Kaisercraft stamp and I love the image, but I've tried various ways to stamp/emboss or not emboss and colour and so far I'm happiest with the silver. I've tried black, but it was too boring, but I might try again.

You can play along with the Design by Colour challenge here.




As you can see, I stamped the image in silver and embossed with silver sparkle powder. I coloured the image with Wink of Stellar Pen and Copics.

I've tried fussy cutting this image, but it is difficult with the flourish. Has anyone got any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. So gorgeous with the lilac poinsettia! The silver treatment is amazing. Gotta try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dont need to fussy cut this.. The way you used it is perfect. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete