Thursday 13 June 2013

Moxie Fab World - Tuesday Trigger - Vintage Vagabond

Hi there! We are having typical Melbourne winter weather this week, wet and dreary. This actually doesn't bother me, except when I try to take photos of cards.

Today I made a card for the Tuesday Trigger - it reminds me of Morocco, but this pattern also reminds me of Japan.  This is what I came up with for my 1st attempt ...



I used a very old stencil for the square pattern, sponging gold ink on to the card. Then I stamped the flower image and clear embossed the whole thing. Then I mounted the panel on black card.
I'm not sure whether I like the flower stamped with the stencil still in place, but I wanted to keep all the white lines.  What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Jenny, this is gorgeous! I like it with the white lines intact because it looks as though the flower is behind a Japanese screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jenny. I like it with the white lines showing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great inspired card! love the shimmer from the clear embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect interpretation. Love the scene effect, and the flowers behind. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, this is really Beautiful!! I am not sure how you managed to stamp the flower over the stencil, but it came out really good!! I love this unique take on the trigger photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on the inspiration photo, Jenny. The flower looks great in your masking technique (I guess it can be called like this)... and the golden background is also beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool and great take on the trigger

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting technique, Jenny. I like the flower peeking through the stencil, it gives the feel of looking through a garden gate :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jenny! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete