Saturday 19 January 2013

Runway Inspired #27 - Having fun

It's such a glorious day today (sorry to all you folks in the Northern Hemisphere), not too hot, blue sky,  warm enough to make you feel happy! If you've been watching the Australian Open, you'll know we've had some scorchers, 40 degrees celcius! So I am always thankful for these in between Summer days.


Over the last week I've decided to stop concentrating on challenges and just play with with all those things in my stash I haven't yet used. So I decided to get out some stencils, masks and spray mist etc and I've made some really different cards and had so much fun in the process.



While I was playing around, I realised I must still have been thinking about the Runway Inspired challenge...





The leaf flourish is made using a stencil, not a stamp. I used versamark ink (pad and pen) on the stencil and then used  black embossing powder. I have used canvas paper, which is more like very thin canvas than paper.  I then used spray mist as well as some jacquard dye ink. The butterfly has been randomly coloured with markers and glitter pen. The sentiment is glitter paper die cut. the stamps are from Kaisercraft.

5 comments:

  1. Your card looks amazing - I love how you made this one:) Hope your not melting with these hot days - hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - the black embossing looks great against those puddles of blue, and I love the iridescent look you've achieved on the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Jenny! What a great idea to use stencil with the black embossing! The added stitching is fabulous, too! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really were thinking about Runway Inspired, your card is perfect for it!

    Thank you so much for coming by and wishing me and the Mister happy anniversary! We appreciate it! I'm slowly making my way through all the comments to thank everyone. You are very sweet to stop in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous design! Love the background you created and the added sparkle is perfect!

    ReplyDelete